Your favorite Linux software?

Reactions
0 0 0
What's your favorite linux software? I used ubuntu a few times before and will install it on this old-ish computer i just got soon.

I love Klipper. Basically, whenever you ctrl+c or ctrl+x something, it'll save it in klipper so then if you cut/copy something else and want that old thing back, you click on the icon in the system tray and you can select it. I do that sort of thing all the time so it's very useful for me. I love that customisation program too which i forgot the name of but has a diamond as the icon.

I'm not too keen on open office's version of powerpoint (i forgot their name for it) however because it doesn't let you choose your own custom gradients for things which is a tool i use often in powerpoint. If anybody knows any other free versions of powerpoint that do, let me know please. :relaxed:

Duncan

AKA mobilephone2003
Reactions
169 1 0
Is this linux specific (as in not available on other OS's)?

if its in general I would have to say Pidgin

I

Infrasound

Duncan link said:

There is a better msn client than Pidgin called amsn.
It is fully customisable and themable.

Reactions
0 0 0
Infrasound link said:
[quote author=Duncan link=topic=3304.msg29652#msg29652 date=1224147088]

[/quote]

They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I need to use AIM to get alerts when people go live on sticakm though and i need to log onto 2 msn accounts when i'm on it so i use pidgin. I wish pidgin would support more or plugins for it would let you do different things like webcam.

I

Infrasound

gottabeandrew link said:
[quote author=Infrasound link=topic=3304.msg29722#msg29722 date=1224149984]
[quote author=Duncan link=topic=3304.msg29652#msg29652 date=1224147088]

[/quote]

They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I need to use AIM to get alerts when people go live on sticakm though and i need to log onto 2 msn accounts when i'm on it so i use pidgin. I wish pidgin would support more or plugins for it would let you do different things like webcam.
[/quote]

Well, lol. I saw on the AIM's website and didn't find the linux version too interesting lol.