Note: This it's not WAREZ PLEASE DON'T SAY, it's just unnoficial service pack and it's supported by Softpedia
Microsoft has never released a service pack for Windows98 SE. But I made a Service Pack for Windows98 SE users. It contains all Windows98 SE updates from Windows Update site and more.
It is a self-extracting and self-installing pack like Microsoft's update files. Thus, you cannot choice individual files. However, the pack installs only required fixes for your system. Uninstallation is possible from Add-Remove Programs. However, I don't recommend uninstallation of the pack, if you don't face any problem.
This is *only* for WINDOWS 98 SECOND EDITION ENGLISH. I highly recommend that you should backup your system before installing the pack. You must have at least 32 MB of RAM.
It contains only operating system updates. It does NOT contain Internet Explorer 6, DirectX 9, Media Player 9 and their updates.
What's New in 2.1a?
* Corrected timestamps of some files (2.1a).
* Corrected SCR56.INF version information (2.1a).
* Added COMPOBJ.DLL from DCOM98 (2.1a).
* Added COMCAT.DLL from DCOM98.
* Added Q212265 (JPEGIM32.FLT).
* Added Q240896 (OPENGL32.DLL).
* Added Q258765 (REG).
* Added Q269604 (DSOUND.DLL).
* Added Q285895 (CIMWIN32.DLL) and Q282949 (WBEMPROX.DLL).
* Added Q314941 (SSDPAPI.DLL, SSDPSVR.EXE, UPNP.DLL).
* Added Q323708 (NSCIRDA.SYS).
* Added Q327517 (REG).
* Added Q885836 (MSWRD632.WPC).
* Added Q887617 (HTML32.CNV, MSCONV97.DLL, MSWRD832.CNV).
* Added Q903235 (REG).
* Added a fix for VS2005 issue (REG).
* Added "No Channel Logging" registry tweak.
* Updated Q891711 (to U891711).
* Updated NWPP32.DLL (to Q250876-v2).
* Updated HTML Help (to Q896358).
* Removed DELINFS.INF.
* Corrected MOUHID.VXD and DISPEX.DLL files.
* Cleaned up some code.
Features of 2.1a:
# 120+ updates and hotfixes (Detailed list will be prepared soon).
# Solves 512 MB of RAM problem.
# 256-color tray icons.
# Better Notepad: MetaPad 3.5 (Optional).
# Optimized swap file usage (Optional).
# Better WDM and USB support.
# Adaptec ASPI 4.60.1021 drivers (Optional).
# Windows Scripting Host 5.6.
# DCOM98 1.3.
# OLE Automation Libraries 2.40.4522.
# Dial-Up Networking 1.4.
# Microsoft Installer 2.0.
# HTML Help 5.0.
# TweakUI (Optional).
# Command Prompt Here (Optional).
# New Animated Boot and Shutdown Logo (Optional).
# Microsoft Layer for Unicode.
# Visual Basic 5.0 SP2 runtime library.
# Visual Basic 6.0 SP6 runtime library.
# Visual C++ 6.0 SP6 runtime libraries.
# Updates JET 3.5 files to JET 3.5 SP3.
# Supports 98lite 4.7.
# Windows 2000/ME desktop icons.
# Windows 2000 color scheme (Optional).
# Supports custom "Program Files" directory.
# Shows attributes column in details view on the Windows Explorer.
# Semi-slipstreaming support.
# Some tweaks (Optional).
Download link: http://download1us.softpedia.com/dl/6d1dcc526772064e307b4aa749aa4c69/4896e352/100009065/software/os_enhance/sesp21a-en.exe
Latest version: 2.10a
My opinion: great service pack for windows 98 second edition, you get all updates that camed out from microsoft
NOTE: WINDOWS 98 Second Edition it's not more supported by Microsoft, this it's the metod how to get the updates AND IT'S NOT WAREZ