🚀 Cryptocurrency: Do You Mine It? Do You Trade It?

Sonark

Administrator
Reactions
17 0 0
Maffs is correct. But we created this setup on the basis that Bitcoin will increase meaning current profits will also increase improving the ROI time. There is logic behind the madness.
But how much does the cooling/running of the cards cost on a daily basis? I can't imagine the profit being above £5 a day at most?

Reactions
33 2 0
But how much does the cooling/running of the cards cost on a daily basis? I can't imagine the profit being above £5 a day at most?
We got a good deal on the electric here as my friend knows the supplier. Should the profit be £8/day we'd see about £6.50. Should it be lower £6/day we'd see more like £4.50 profit. The aircoin is a 2KW unit but we've got it running at about half that.

He's also saving money by not heating the office via the Gas Boiler.

Reactions
33 2 0
We got a good deal on the electric here as my friend knows the supplier. Should the profit be £8/day we'd see about £6.50. Should it be lower £6/day we'd see more like £4.50 profit. The aircoin is a 2KW unit but we've got it running at about half that.

He's also saving money by not heating the office via the Gas Boiler.
On another note we bought parts that can all be resold. minus probably the Aircon. The PC's can be rebuilt into there cases and sold as the business machines they once were.

We can at least break even selling the GPU's.

Also the profit there making currently is all additional.

Reactions
8 0 0
Given that £8 a day is overall income and power usage maybe like £0.15kW/H which equates to about £3-4 on pwer, ROI at current rates is nearly a year

Reactions
33 2 0
Of course, Your prices are all calculated at current price were basing things off the price going up.

Reactions
33 2 0
Being as its a fork, Difficulty should start around what it is now. Ive got no idea what algo there going to, They could form a new kind of Cryptonight thats ASIC resistant.
Post automatically merged:

Slight Update to this post.

I was right Monero have developed a new Cryptonight that is ASIC resistant. Its called CryptoNightV7

Here is an official post from NiceHash:

https://www.nicehash.com/news/monero-pow-change-cryptonightv7-algorithm

Could this me Vega and CPU Mining's Saviour?

Last edited:

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
Crypto has definitely taken a dive over the past couple months, the volume being traded is super low so I'm guessing all the get-rich-quickers have lost interest.

This'll be a test of the true HODLers.

Reactions
33 2 0
Agreed Duncan I for one will carry on mining even at a loss. The way I see it is when it goes up. I’ll benefit massively. HODL for life.

Reactions
8 0 0
Pretty much, it will peak again, maybe in a few months, maybe a few years. Demand will never go down as the use in the black market is there.

Reactions
33 2 0
Dabbling my hand in ASIC's

I'm hands down a GPU fan but got offered a deal on an L3+ I couldn't refuse. (The guy piratically gave it away.)

Its a 504MH/s @ 800W Unit on Litecoin. Mines at about £3-4/day.

I've dabbled in Overclocking it and have got it up to 670Mh/s @ 1000W Safely.

Its now making around £4-5/day.

For the the right price they are worth it. For the rip off price people on eBay sell them for. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pol.

Reactions
33 2 0
Looking at one and a half months for an ROI as i got it for a pretty good deal